Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day.

Incase you didn't know I have the most amazing mother in the entire world.  The older I get, the more I realize just how great and valuable my mom is.  She truly is the greatest teacher and example I could ever ask for.  I really do owe everything I am, and everything I will become to her.  Her wisdom, knowledge, and teachings are the reasons I have a strong testimony and why I have always had a burning desire to serve.  I really don't know my mom with out an auxiliary calling.  She has taught me the importance of serving others, and being the advocate for all the members, yw, or children that you serve and how to follow the spirit to bless lives.  
She is a great mother.  Some of my greatest memories growing up (she'll laugh at this)

- I hated school! I was always so bored, and I just was a free little spirit and hated being stuck in a classroom so I'd play sick probably a good 2 times a week. My mom always let me stay home! SHH don't tell anyone.  I used to think I was a pretty dang good faker but now duh I know she always knew I wasn't really sick but she loved me enough to spend a few hours during her free day time hours to love me and be with me.

- Another good memory,  Every monday morning I had piano lessons at 7:00 am YUCK! we'd get there at 6:00 bc each half of us kids went in the am and the other half after school (yeah all 6 of us took lessons!)  I got stuck with the morning schedule because I had dance EVERY DAY after school.  (Yeah my mom had me in everything)...  So she'd take the other kids to school so they'd be on time and then she'd pick me up and we'd always go to bagelnosh and get bagels! HAHA seriously love it... such a simple little thing but it will always hold such a fun memory!

- She made all 6 of us kids lunches every single morning! Thats amazing! She'd get up feed us make our lunches and take us to school.  I used to feel bad for those kids that had to take buses (I went to a charter school so we didn't have the option of taking buses) but I loved having mom or occasionally dad take us to school.  It was always a special time and good quality time.

- Another big important thing is mom was ALWAYS home after school.  This is such a big thing for me.  I'm so grateful we were blessed enough to always have mom home.

- Mom (and dad) never once missed a basketball or volleyball game!  They'd even travel hours away to come and support me.

** Yes I have the most amazing mom (and dad) these are just 1 of the 100s of great attributes and memories I have.  I really am so blessed! I love you mom! (and dad lol)

one balloon and heart for each kid, sister in law, and grandkid to write their favorite thing about mom. It was perfect! 20 hearts and balloons total.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment