Sunday, April 29, 2012

Passport experience.

So I have a neat silly story that will come across so little but it was such a sweet little blessing and something I will never forget!

One of the questions on the missionary papers is Do you have a passport? So I put yes and went to the file got my passport and filled out all the necessary information.  When I was done I thought, I NEED to put this back into the file right now or I know I am going to lose it.  Well guess what, I didn't put it in the file and I totally could not find it! When I went to upload my picture (it was the final thing I needed to do to complete the paperwork) I thought I was all ready to go and I was so excited to press submit! Well then they ask you to scan a copy of your drivers license and your passport.  So I scanned my drivers license went to get my passport and I COULD NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE! It was 11:00 pm and me and my dad looked everywhere! My room was spotless but I tore it up looking for it, we even checked under my mattress and everything. Then I went to the filing cabinet and went through every single file thinking maybe I slipped it into another file. WELP nothing there either.  I had come to a conclusion that I probably threw it away when I went on my rampage earlier that week throwing crap away in my room. I didn't give up tho I looked for a couple days after still hoping I'd find it.
                  Well After 4 days I came to terms that I had thrown it away. So I called the passport people and they were telling me how I'd just have to fill out a stolen or lost passport application and then just do the whole process over again.  There was NO absolute way I was going to pay $135 AGAIN for a passport.  When I was on the phone they asked if they wanted me to dispatch the passport right then. Something inside of me (and not wanting to pay $135) just felt like No not yet.  So I hung up the phone Got On My Knees and just prayed and begged to find my passport. Begged that my eyes would be open and that I would find this! Less than 5 minutes later, probably within like 2 minutes I FOUND IT!! Funny thing is I looked in that spot probably a good 10 times before hand because its always where I "hide" things when our cleaners come.  It was such a tender mercy and such a sweet little experience for me.  I don't know why Heavenly Father made me stress it for an entire week but it made finding it way more special.
                 Sometimes He answers our prayers immediately but sometimes it takes a good long while but He does hear us and He is always assisting and guiding us as long as we are kneeling before Him, allowing our hearts to be humble, and putting our trust and faith in Him.  I am grateful for the power of prayer and to know that we have a Father in Heaven we can rely on and turn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment