Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflection

I was texting Delaina on New Years Eve Day and was getting so let down feeling like I had a waste of a year. I didn't accomplish anything, nothing big or exciting happened, it was just a boring non eventful year.  And I was completely annoyed, felt like I wasted an entire year just sitting, waiting around and I got so sad and mad at myself! Later when I got to think about it I realized how selfish I was being!   I was feeling so ungrateful for all the tender mercies the Lord has placed in my life and for the huge milestones I have made this year.
          Even though I didn't graduate from school, or travel the world, or become super successful or get married (I know I know that should be my top priority)  I GREW as a person and I matured in so many ways.  I became more confident and more vulnerable to people and situations that I never would've opened myself up to before. I have developed a clearer view of what I ultimately want in life and sacrifices I'm willing to make to have what I want.  I'm not afraid to be me, I'm not ashamed to be me and this has helped me to be able to love myself which has now made me able to love others unconditionally as well. I have more drive then ever to accomplish great things, and to try new things, and just be involved with things going around me!  Because of what I experienced this past year, 2012 will be a dominating year and I am so excited to see what great things are in store!

 As I got to thinking here are some great things that happened in 2011

* Ran a half marathon with my friend Rachelle Babcock and my brother Ryan 


* Had a fun week long trip to Disney Land with my family and joined some friends on the weekend there which left great memories.

* Had the opportunity to be a counselor for the Time To Blossom girls conference for 2 weeks where I gained a stronger testimony of who I am and how to love and "blossom" as a daughter of God and also teach 20 beautiful girls their divine worth and watch them literally transform in one week.

* Had the best 4 of July where I met my bestest friend! 

* Went camping with good frans! 

* Had an AMAZING birthday! Went to California with Paige and then a party thrown by my friends 



* Then went to Las Vegas and had a FUN trip. Experienced nearly death, exhaustion, and great cab services.

* Then went to a resort where we met Dr. Jeff, Tom and Mike who are still to this day guys we call friends. 

* Then went on a hot air balloon ride for Delainas birthday 

* Then bought another car, it was a huge investment and Im so grateful I had the means to do so. 

* And then had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family. 

Some random memories have been,

* Being called Snooki one to many times.  C'mon people really?

* Sonic runs 1 to 2 times a day 

* Babysitting, babysitting, and more babysitting! 
* The SERIOUS attempt to move to Utah, the Lord really did not want me there.
* Moving out for a few months! 
* Waiting and waiting for potential Mr. Right to come into my life... :)
* Saying Bible before and after every real serious phrase  


THANK YOU 2011 for being filled with great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment