Sunday, April 1, 2012

beautiful conference week

There is nothing more uplifting, peaceful, rejuvenating, and encouraging then General Conference!  I was touched by the spirit with all the beautiful talks that were given.  Some of my favorites and favorite quotes were:

- Elder Holland : "Repent and REPAIR" the word repair really struck me.  That really is what the atonement is all about repairing and bettering our lives.  All lots of things do take faith and *repair*
Same talk : the formula for faith is to hold on!

Elder Hales: As our spiritual desire increase, we become more spiritually reliant.

David Baxter: "You can not come to me now, but I can come to you" - Heavenly Father

Ulisses Soares: If our attitudes are good we will be influenced by God.

President Uchtdorf: "STOP IT" :) and "dont judge me because I sin differently than you"

Julie B. Beck: "It is my privilege to exchange rags with spiritual robes"

L. Tom Perry: key word Deliverance.

M. Russell Ballard: Loved his Cause --> Effect theory

Larry Y. Wilson: His parenting talk reminded me exactly how my parents have raised me. I loved this.

David F. Evans: Love and forgiveness will draw our children closer to us and to Christ.

Paul B. Pieper: Liked how he talked about recording our promptings and showing that recognition to God.

Neil L. Andersen: "What does Christ think of me?" LOVED his story about the family in Haiti
         and " He will do that which I can not do myself"


These are all but a few of the amazing things that were said this weekend.  I am grateful for these latter day prophets and apostles and for their testimonies and the love that they have for this gospel and for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment