Monday, February 6, 2012

A Moment of Strength

I have decided that I really do have to learn the hard way and suffer serious consequences before I finally fully understand and accept circumstances.  I KNOW I make Heavenly Father shake his head every single day for making stupid mistakes and reacting in ways that I do.  I am such a sensitive girl.. I've always been sensitive but lately I have been sharing it with the world and its been killing me how much it can hurt someone. There really is a fine line and balance with sensitivity and of course I learn from a breaking point where that balance lies.  I sit here and wish I wouldn't have done this or said that or reacted this way or another and all I can do now is learn from it and become a better person because of the mistakes I have made and the lessons I have learn.

Alma 14:26 - " And Alma cried, saying : How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them.

14:28 - And Alma and Amulek came forth out of the prison, and they were not hurt; for the Lord had granted unto them power, according to their faith which was in Christ. And they straightway came forth out of the prison; and they were loosed from their bands;

These are the words that touched me and comforted me in a moment of complete hopelessness and heartache.  I am so thankful for a mindful Lord and for all that he has blessed me with.  In this time of complete weakness I have been blessed with so much surrounding strength.  He has placed amazing, strong, and influential people in my life that know how to love me and raise me up and comfort me and protect me.  I'm thankful for parents who never stop loving and caring for me and take me in with open arms when I need a shoulder to cry on.
Through this time of weakness I have built so much strength.  I have been humbled and edified. I have never been so grateful for what I have and have never cherished the little things more than I can right now.  I know life will work itself out.  I know Heavenly Father is listening and will always have a helping hand and guiding my way.  I am thankful for this moment of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment