Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Great Lesson Learned

Lola 
Today while I was watching my sweet Lola and her fun brothers I learned a huge lesson! So here's the story... We went out to the Play Factory and had a fun time playing and I literally wore the kids out they were exhausted! On our way home I wanted to get food in there system because I was afraid Andersen would fall asleep and I knew he was starving. So I stopped by the nearest chick fila and we all got out and went inside. Keep in mind they are exhausted! Lola and Austin went straight to the play section while I ordered food and they came out as soon as the food came out.  Well Lola had a sucker and she dropped it on the ground and it broke... OH NO.. she got so sad and had a melt down! Everyone is just staring as it just kept escalating and right when I would get her calmed down she would start hitting Austin's back so hard (lol tried not to laugh) and then I would tell her no and she would get even more mad! So I got the 2 boys situated and I got Lola to come to the play ground with me trying to distract her and calm her down. Well she does get calmed down and she decides to run out because she was over playing.
              Well as I am chasing her I pass this couple in there 50s and their son who was probably like 17 and I hear "those are the most disbehaved children I've ever seen" under their breath.  Oh My Gosh I was MAD!  UGH I was seriously like shaking from being so mad.  AND I just gave them the most evil look! Haha! The whole time I'm thinking how dare you judge and assume! Luckily Austin and Anders were done at this point so we cleaned up and left.  It took EVERYTHING inside of me to not stop and tell those people off! After loading the kids up in the car I kept thinking about this and kept thinking NO that was not okay especially to be saying stuff like that around your teenaged son.  And something inside of me soften and I knew what I could do!
            I searched the car for a piece of paper... found a receipt and pen! And I wrote them a NOTE lol it said "I just want to kindly let you know that this sweet little girl who I love so much has autism. I am  asking that next time you be more careful before you judge or assume. THX! (signed) With Love" And we handed it to them with smiles and soften eyes and said have a good day!
            It was a great lesson to me to just take a deep breath let the spirit re-enter and it will guide you to do and say the right things.  I know these people were taught a great lesson not to be quick to judge and I know they were not offended because they smiled and waved to us as we left the parking lot.
         
I've been thinking about this situation since it happened and have thought about all the times I've been quick to judge and assume.  I've judged the slow driver thats driving me nuts when she may just have gotten in a fatal accident and is now terrified of driving. Or the mother screaming at her kids at the grocery store when she could be suffering from her husband leaving her to be a single mom. Or the teenaged girl pregnant when she could have been raped. Or the homeless man on the corner begging for money when he is suffering from loneliness and abandonment.  Or the raggedy lady at Walmart who hasn't showered in days when she could've just lost her baby.  Or the girl that wears layers of make up when she feels no confidence in herself.  Or the quiet "conceded" girl at the party when she is actually just shy and gets nervous in big social settings.
            We never know a person's situation and should never be quick to judge or assume.  It is going to be one of my goals this year to keep an understanding, loving heart and be listening for the spirit to guide me to act or speak accordingly to better every situation.  I know if we all do this we will be blessed and we will also bless lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment