Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm going there someday..

I can not wait for the Gilbert Temple to finish!



I read a really disruptive and discouraging post on fb from a girl I went to high school with how she was so offended and disgusted that "the mormons are building one of there temples on Greenfield road". Ugh that seriously made me so so sick reading that post. And then it was even worse the comments that were made from other people about it.  I now know why missionaries are asked not to argue or whats it called when they do scripture proving??(haha) anyways. I know I probably should've just looked away and not gotten involved in that conversation but I just had to and let me say the spirit was not there for I knew it was neither the time nor place to "try and change these people's minds". I didn't argue or get mad or anything I just simply asked them how they could not want a beautiful castle like building in their city and then asked them to properly research mormons and go on mormon.org and tell me if these people really are awful people for thats what they were calling us.  Anyways long story short, it is a testimony to me that it is the sign of the times and we do need to constantly be good examples because people are watching and do notice us.  We need to be missionaries and to follow the council of our leaders.  I am grateful for my testimony and the strength and knowledge this gospel brings to me. And I can not wait for this beautiful temple to represent me and everything I stand for and believe in.

1 comment:

  1. My SWEET Girl!!
    Loved this post!! I love the example you are to me!! AND I LOVE YOU!!!! FOREVER!!!!

    P.S. Tell me who this girl is...I am not a good example!!!:)

    ReplyDelete